About Australia Awards Scholarship
Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships funded by the Australian Government offering the next generation of Indonesian leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development. Australia Awards Scholarships provide long and short term opportunities to enhance leadership, knowledge and technical skills for individuals from partner governments, tertiary institutions and strategic organisations that are driving development.
The Australia Awards in Indonesia program carries on a tradition of providing scholarships that have been offered by the Australian Government for more than 60 years. The objective of Australia Awards in Indonesia is to enhance Indonesia’s development through the contributions of internationally qualified professionals and a strong and positive relationship with Australia.
Since 1953, more than 11,500 Indonesian scholarship recipients have studied at Australian tertiary institutions through long term and short term study, with many going on to take leadership positions and make a significant difference to Indonesia’s development.
Australia Awards in Indonesia offers two types of scholarships: postgraduate courses (Long Term Awards) and intensive tailored short courses (Short Term Awards). The most able and promising candidates are given awards following a competitive selection process.
Successful graduates will become part of the Australia Awards Global and Indonesia alumni network, a vast and actively supported community of influential alumni.
Why apply for an Australia Awards in Indonesia scholarship?
- Study at post-graduate level (Masters and PhD) at your choice of Australian university
- Participate in tailored Short Term Awards for future leaders and decision makers from Indonesia to build strong links with Australia
- Benefit from in-Indonesia Pre-Departure Training and in-Australia Introductory Academic Program (for Long Term Awards), tuition fee, living expenses, return flights to Australia, reunion airfare (for Masters by Research and PhD scholarship recipients)
- Take part in an enrichment program to build connections between awardees and Australian counterparts with emphasis on organisational and professional linkages
- Join more than 11,500 Australia Awards alumni from Indonesia and more than 80,000 Indonesian alumni who have studied in Australian tertiary education institutions – together forming an influential and highly regarded alumni network
- Enjoy support for equal participation of women applicants, applicants with disability and applicants from designated Geographic Focus Areas (Aceh, East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua)
Application Dates (for study commencing in Australia in 2019)
Opening date : 1 February 2018
Closing date : 30 April 2018
Applications or supporting documents received after this date will not be considered